Christmas and New Year's Day

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Alright, here is my update. I'm sorry its so so late. We have been so so busy! Christmas was blast. We didn't get very many good pictures, but it was really fun! We did n't have the girls this year for Christmas Eve, and it was truely our first Christmas as a married couple. On christmas eve we drove around Salt Lke to see some lights, it was gorgeous! We also finished our last little bits of things and watched the movie Elf. We had our own Christmas morning in the pajamas Josh had gotten for us and opened the few gifts we had gotten each other. I surprised Josh with getting him a Wii, and I'm amazed with myself for not spilling the beans about this surprise. He was really really surprised and I'm so glad it turned out so well. On Christmas day we went to my family's house first and had cinnamon rolls and opened gifts all together. My parents got us a ton of kitchen stuff. YAY!!! And my sister put together this super cute date night bag. It was really fun. Then we went to Josh's family's house and made these little sausage and cheese cups and hung out and had fun. We opened gifts once all the siblings got there and Josh's parents gave us a whole box of oranges, then Josh's grandpa gave us a case of canned pineapple. You better believe we have been making the yummyest shakes! Josh's brother McKay is still on his mission, and he called in the afternoon. The phone was passed around and when it was my turn we joked about how we have never met and how the first time he talked to me was when he was at the airport from the MTC to Chile and how awkward that was. he also thinks that three of his susters need to be pregnant when he gets home in July (Heidi, Chandra and I). We'll see I guess. July is a long time from now. Later we went back to my mom and dads for Christmas dinner and had the Andreason traditional Lasagna. We got to pick up Kim and Shay later that night and took them home to sleep. It was a great Christmas Day. I loved seeing everyone and spending time with them. Thats the best thing about Christmas. The next day we went back up to Josh's parent's house and celebrated Christmas with the girls. They had such a great time discovering thier surprises. The rest of the weekend was really fun and I'm so glad we were able to spend it with family. I'm so thankful for my husband and for everything he does for me. He is truely the most supportive person I've ever known. He always makes me feel good when I'm down and i love him for exactly who he is.
On New Years Eve we went to Josh's old friends Ben and Pam's house to play games. Josh and Ben grew up together, and I found out Pam went to school with my friend Tasha. thier neighbors came over too so there were three couples. We played games and had tons of fun for hours. We rang in the new year, had a little bubbly, played a few more games and then the boys wanted to play poker. I was dead tired so I curled up on the couch and fell asleep. By the time Josh was ready to go home, andwe got everything packed in the car and drove all the way back to Salt Lake, it was about 3:30am when we got home. HAHA. But it was fun. On New Years Day we went back up to go bowling and hang out with Josh's family. I did terrible at bowling the first game, but second game was pretty good and I think we all beat Jordan. (sorry Jord!) Josh felt he didn't do good and wanted a rematch. We went over to Heidi and Jordan's house and had home made mini pizzas and salad and watched G.I. Joe. All of Josh's siblings were there, except McKay of course. After the movie we played the card game Scum for like 4 hours, but it was really fun. Another late night, so we went home and crashed. The next day (saturday) we decided to use the date night kit my sister had given us for Christmas. Inside was a gift card for Blockbuster. Well, instead of a movie, we got a Wii game. the New Super Mario Bros. Wii..... yeah... it was another late night of staying up to play games.... needless to say we slept in to at least 10am all weekend. (weird). but it was a great holiday season and we had a lot of fun hanging out with family and friends. Thanks to everyone for the memories!

1 comments:

The Bodily Family said...

Hey Tacy, woo hoo I can finally write a comment. Thanks so much for spending time with us over the holidays, we really loved seeing you guys. Oh Jordan wants me to write to you concerning the bowling comment, so here it is, these are his words, "January 30, FAT CATS!!! It's on Tacy, bring a good luck charm, you'll need it!!