Fourth of July fun!

Monday, July 6, 2009

So this is the first Fourth of July that Josh and I have had together. It's weird, cause it's also the last holiday that we HAVEN'T shared together. HAHA. We met last summer, on the 24th of July, and have shared every holiday together since. So it's kinda strange to think about. But we had a really good time on America's birthday this year. We were able to spend it with Kim and Shay and boy let me tell you... I think I was more excited than the girls and Josh combined! I got hairties and t-shirts and Josh and I made red, white and blue jello parfaits... I freaking love the Fourth of July! We ate the parfaits (well, they were huge, so part of them) on Friday after we picked the girls up. Then we got everyone bathed and to bed early cause we had a BIG day ahead of us... Saturday morning we got up at about 6:30. We got up to Layton park at about 8:45 and got a pretty good parade route seat. We had about an hour and a half wait, but we kept entertained. The parade was pretty good and the girls got more candy than they needed! My sister Toni met us there with her three kiddies and the five kids had quite a blast. Again, I took pics but my camera is going down hill I think. Some of them were again blurry. UGH. After the parade we went to the carnival and got yummy food and walked around and the kids bounced in the blow up toys and Toni's kids all rode the mechanical bull. We had to head up to the campsite, so we left around 2:00. Up camping we had quite a blast. There was a ton of Josh's family there and Terry had out this huge tennis ball launcher. Reminds me of the potatoe launchers... HAHA. Sherri had made this fun "adult" pinata with travel sized Motrin, Tylenol, Pamprin, breath mints, gum, lotion, and then candy. It was really fun. They then did a pinata for Josh's mom, Candy (my sweet mother-in-law) for her birthday (July 5). HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! Josh and I got our tent all set up and everything situated. Heidi and Jordan had brought thier new puppy Coco and he is adorable. Dang it, I wish I took pictures of him. We went and watched fireworks down in town and Jordan had tons of illegal ones he got in Evanston. HAHA. The cop on patrol never came and talked to us directly, but groups around us were talked to. Guess we couldn't do any that shot in the air... or so he said. Tracy and Jordan were lighting them anyways! We had quite a fun time. Camping is always fun and I'm glad we went!









0 comments: