Pearl Harbor Day

Monday, December 7, 2009

Yes, I will post about Thanksgiving and my past weekend, both were very notable to talk about. But first, I wanted to pay tribute to the many men and women (about 2000) who lost thier lives on Sunday December 7, 1941. As well as the thousands of men and women who fought bravely and lived to share thier stories of that horrific day. Thank you for all you have done. Below are a few pictures to commemorate this event.


A lucky picture taken during the harbor bombing


Billowing smoke from the anchored ships


USS Arizona memorial. This is the ship my grandfather was stationed on. Thankfully, he was in town when the attack hit. He was not seriously injured during the whole ordeal. I wish he was still alive today, I have so many questions to ask him!


I actually was very impressed with the Hollywood version of the event. I think (love triangle aside) that the movie was very well done and that the depiction of the attack and the anguish/suffering/reality of it all was very realistic.


Here is another "hollywood" depiction of the harbor bombing.

0 comments: