First Appointment, First Few Weeks

Monday, January 3, 2011

We had our first appointment last week on Monday. Our doc did an ultra sound, but we couldn't see much so we didn't get a picture. I fainted (twicw) while trying to get my blood work done, and was re-assured that I can continue eating and doing all the things I have normally been doing. That was a relief considering I love my Wild Strawberry Crystal Light !! But we get to come back on the 10th for our 8 week appt and he said we should be able to see the little heart beat and get a picture or two. YAY As of right now I have not been sick at all, I have a very tender *cough* chest *cough*, I have to pee 8,000 times a day, certain foods sound absolutely discusting to me (though so far I have avoided them - so no sickness), and millions of non-existent smells all the sudden are affecting me in a million ways (mostly negative ones). But again, no sickness yet. My mom told me she was hardly sick at all with my older sister, but when she had me the nausia never went away, hopefully I get more of the first one throughout all my pregnancies. It's kinda weird, but in a way the back of my mind is still worried I'm not really pregnant. With this lack of "normal" symptoms, its easy to be skeptical. But it's been a week since my blood work was done, and if there was a problem, I'm sure they would have told me by now. Right? Sigh...

0 comments: