Christmas 2010

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yep, I missed updating about Christmas, so I thought I would throw it in here... a month or so late :) Our Christmas was really fun this year. It was the first time we had the girls sincew we have been married, and we did a lot of fun stuff to make this Christmas special for all of us. On Christmas morning the girls had a fun time seeing what Santa had brought for them. The kitties even got a stocking and love thier new little outfits. Josh has spent many hours building a cedar chest for me and it is absolutely beautiful. We decided to show the girls what we were giving to grandma and grandpa this year. It wsa the little wrapped up onesie to announce we were pregnant. The girls were so excited and kept asking us all day if they could say something yet. They did a good job of keeping a secret. (We had done this for my grandparents the night before and they were so excited!) After we got ourselves ready for the day, we headed to my parents house for breakfast and presents. We ate first and then my brother Ben showed up with his family. We visited for a while until after they left. Then we did presents just between Mom and Dad, Toni and Kids, and us. We have always been closer, so doing presents all together is special to us. We decided to give the onesie gift last, and to have the moms open it. When my mom opened hers, she was confused at first, thinking it was for her dog. HAHA It was only about 2 seconds of confusion until she understood, but then she was so excited she couldn't talk. My sister realized this was something big and grabbed the onesie so she could see it. Both of them started freaking out and by then I was crying. It was so fun to announce it this way! A while later my sister Rhocki showed up with her family and we gave my mom permission to show her the gift. She seemed more excited than the first two HAHA. It was really fun to see thier reactions and not have to actually say "Guess what..." The gift said it all. After we got done there, we headed to Josh's families house for Christmas with them. We were there forever before we ended up doing presents. We were waiting for Heidi and Jordan but they finally said they would still be awhile and to start without them. Same thing, we waited until the end of the gift giving to give our one last gift. We had Josh's mom open it and the first thing she asked was if it was a joke. LOL she was so excited she was telling everyone. When Heidi and Jordan got there she had them open it and all Heidi said was "I knew it !!!", and all Jordan said was "I knew it too cause Josh already told me." JOSH - YOU BRAT! mwah mwah. It really was a ton of fun and a great Christmas. We ended the day watching movies at Josh's parents house. Thank you to everyone for such a memorable holiday season!

















0 comments: