October 22, 2008

Monday, December 29, 2008



Guess what everyone? We are officially engaged!!!! YAY! Lol I’m sure everyone is dying to hear how it all happened, but since I’m a bride and every detail counts right now, I’m going to give you a very LONG version of the story (sorry, but this is my blog haha). So make sure you have a few minutes to read this, it a good one!Alright, so the day started like any other normal day. Got up, did my hair, took off to work. I usually take my make up with me because 4:50am is super early and I tend to sleep in as much as possible. Sadly, I forgot my makeup this morning. So I was eyeshadowless and au natural, but I was in a pretty good mood anyway. Work has been busy as we have a huge project we are working on involving our 1800+ clientele. Josh texted me around 8 and said he didn’t feel well and he was going home. He tends to go to bed later than he should, and I felt his lack of sleep was probably getting to him. I suggested he take a nap and I left him alone for a couple hours to do that. When he finally texted me again, he said he wasn’t able to fall asleep (not a surprise if you know Josh at all). So he was up, playing online poker and Mario Kart on the Wii. He was already planning on coming down to my house that evening to hang out and he said he was going to go visit his sister Heidi and then head down to meet me at work for a late lunch. Before he got there I got some frustrating news from a friend and my good news was spoiled a bit. He told me he had picked up a “little card” for me and that it will make me feel better. He ended up getting to my work around 2:30 in the afternoon and we took off for a lunch break. When I got in his car he pointed out the “little card” for me on the back seat. It wasn’t a little card at all, instead it was a poster sized card that was face down so I couldn’t see it. Neither of us were hungry (he ate at Heidi’s, and at work we had a pot luck Dip Day) so we decided to just go for a drive. He said I could have my card when we got there, but the way he said it made it sound like he knew where we were going… So I asked him about it a couple different times, and each time he said he didn’t know, that he was just driving… I knew he was planning some sort of surprise, but I of course didn’t suspect what it was. So we drive downtown and pull into a parking lot across from the Conference Center. He grabbed the card (actually TWO poster boards facing each other) and I realized it had tons of candy attached to it like those candy grams people do (SQUEE cute!). So we walked onto the temple grounds and he was leading the way to where ever he wanted to sit (we passed about 20 benches so I figured he was heading to a specific spot). He ended up leading me to sit right on the temple stairs on the east side. We sat side by side on the stairs with the card in our laps. I read it out loud and of course got all emotional while reading it. Josh has this uncanny way of making me feel better when I’m down and making me feel like the most important woman in the world. He always treats me like a lady and is amazingly chivalrous. I love that about him, and his card said all of that as well. So when I got done with the card I thanked him for it, gave him a big hug and told him how much it meant. He pulled the card off my lap and said he had one more thing for me. He walked down a couple steps and kneeled right in front of me and asked me if I would marry him. I of course am oblivious and didn’t expect that coming (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA) so I was in a bit of shock that he was asking me right then. I of course said yes!!! And we hugged each other and stood there on the stairs to our temple for a few moments. And I was crying again (go me!). He realized he needed to get me back to work, so we had to shuffle off, but we were stopped by some cute little old ladies that work at the temple and they shouted their congratulations at us. Lol. We hustled back to the car and I was still in this shock mood. We laughed about how him and Heidi had worked on the card and planned it all that morning when I thought he was home all sick and sleepy. Lol. Little deceiver… HAHA. When we got back to my work, I needed to give him my house key so he could go hang out while I finished my work day. We came up stairs with my huge two-poster-sized-candy-filled card and my office started to ask what it was and where we went for lunch. I told them what happened and everyone was really excited. Some of the girls had a bet going of when I would get my ring, so they were bummed they lost! HAHA. But now we are officially engaged and I told my mom she has free reign to call whomever she would like and spread the news. I’m so twitterpated and excited and scared and happy and ecstatic and nervous and anxious all at the same time. But mostly, I feel joy. Joy for what Josh and I have found together and joy for the life and eternity we will be spending together. :)

0 comments: