September 20, 2008

Monday, December 29, 2008

Bridal Expo. It was good for the most part, lots of booths. Highlights were probably seeing my photographer and letting Kyle and Tasha see who we'd chosen; getting my hair done at the salon booth for free; seeing the dresses at the Allyse's Bridal booth (live models); and then Tasha had her number called for a drawing - we won the rental of a drink fountain! YAY!After the Expo we headed home for a bit, and then to Bountiful to see Elderege Manor. It is owned by my mother's cousin and we fell in love with it before we even knew that. HAHA. The place has these amazing gardens and pathways and everything outside is beautiful. However, the inside is not my favorite and is very antique and old fashioned. They have amazing service and such there, but I can't customize any of the linen colors, center peices, or decorations. So... I'm not sure it will work, even with the very generous family discount. The search continues for now. If we find nothing else then we may still use them.Finally, we headed over to David’s Bridal for my 4:30 appointment. Wasn't hard to find something I liked because they only have three temple ready dresses. I only liked the style o two of them. And my mom spotted a gown with little sleeves on the $99 rack. Sadly it wouldn't fit and I didn't like it. But one of the other Temple Ready ones was nice. It didn't pop out at me thuogh... The girl there said that when it is the right gown, the bride will know. They won't be able to get it out of thier head. So the search is still on for that too...


0 comments: